The Dental School is situated in the heart of the Main University Campus, and therefore Dental postgraduate students are in close proximity with researchers and research opportunities in other parts of the University, as well as to library, recreational, culinary and sports facilities.
Dental postgraduate students in Dundee benefit from exposure to cutting-edge research in a well-established research environment throughout their period of study. There are also excellent clinical facilities for those students undertaking taught clinical programmes. Postgraduate students from many parts of the world work in a close-knit, integrated environment within the school with an active research culture & research opportunities including seminars, invited lectures and generic skills courses.
In addition to our home students from various parts of Scotland and the UK, currently there are postgraduate PhD research students from Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Bahrain, Nigeria, Singapore and New Zealand, and these students work alongside colleagues from all over the world on the popular Taught Masters courses in Prosthodontics (MDSc) and Cancer research (MSc).
The Dental School in Dundee offers six taught postgraduate programmes for you to join. These include the MDSc in Prosthodontics, MRes in Oral Cancer, MFOdont in Forensic Odontology, MSc in Orthodontics, MSc in Oral Biology and the MDPH in Dental Public Health. The MRes MFOdont, MDPH and are delivered jointly with colleagues across the School. We have a vibrant community of postgraduate students in the Dental School on both taught and research programmes, and internationally recognised researchers and clinicians involved in the programmes of study.
Postgraduate Student Society
The newly formed Dundee Dental Postgraduate Students Society (DDPSS) is a student-run postgraduate society that aims to provide postgraduate students, studying within the field of Dentistry, with extracurricular academic and social opportunities.
The members of the DDPSS are all the postgraduate students within the dental school at the University of Dundee, full- and part-time. As a group we aim to:
- support the post-grad students associated with the dental school
- provide a postgraduate student representative body
- provide a forum for internal and external speakers
- offer chances of skill development; transferable and technical
- create an informal atmosphere where post-grad students can meet to discuss their projects and share ideas and approaches to commonly encountered problems provide an opportunity for post-grad students to formally give research updates
- promote a research culture by allowing post-grad students the opportunity to mix socially and network with other research students within the Dental School
We do all of the above by holding seminars, social events, sport competitions and more.
We hope to see you at the next event!
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom