Pima Community College is a two-year college serving the greater Tucson metropolitan area at six locations throughout Pima County. Founded in 1966, Pima's credit courses award certificates and associate's degrees in a variety of fields. PCC also provides workforce development, career training programs, continuing education, and adult education.
Pima is committed to providing convenient, affordable, and accessible high-quality education with the power to transform the lives of our students and improve our community.
History & Mission
The mission of Pima Community College is to be an open-admissions institution providing affordable, comprehensive educational opportunities that support student success and meet the diverse needs of its students and community. This mission, along with our vision and values, provide the framework for College activities. Pima's history shows a firm commitment to making a difference in our community.
Pima is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Several specialized programs have also been accredited or certified by agencies in authority.
International Students - Successful journeys begin here
Welcome, International Students! Discover the many benefits of starting your educational career at Pima Community College.
- You can save on tuition costs by starting your higher education at Pima Community College. Four-year universities are more expensive than community colleges.
- 2+2 opportunities. Get two degrees instead of one!
- Complete your first two years of higher education at Pima Community College and obtain an Associate’s Degree.
- Then complete your Baccalaureate Degree at a university. Pima's transfer agreements make it easy to transfer to our partner institutions, including the University of Arizona, to complete your degree.
- Get a quality education with highly qualified faculty and enjoy a personalized instruction in a small classroom setting.
- Experience the different education systems in the United States. Start your education at Pima Community College and transfer to our local university or another university in the United States.
- Gain a Competitive Edge. Enroll in our Honors Program.
We're here to support you!
Living and learning in a different country is exciting, but can make you feel uncertain. We are committed to making your stay warm and welcome. That's why Pima Community College's International Student Services Office helps you through the student visa requirements and guides you through a successful academic experience. It's part of our pledge to help every student succeed.
- Immigration advising: understanding rights and responsibilities, applying for optional practical training.
- Academic advising: selecting program courses, reviewing progress toward university transfer, choosing English-as-a-Second-Language courses.
- Cultural adjustment: spending time with other international students, understanding American customs, learning how to live in Tucson.
Programs taught in: