Keystone logo
University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center

University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center

University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center

Introduction

In 1946, Dr Francisco T. Dalupan, Sr. in response to the Filipino Youth’s clamour for college education after the end of World War II, established the first piece of his grand vision of a university - the Philippine College of Commerce and Business Administration. This was followed by four colleges in 1948: Liberal Arts, Education, Dentistry and Graduate School. With the College of Law's addition in 1950, the group of colleges became a university - the University of the East (UE), Manila. The UE campus in Caloocan opened in 1954.

The university would not be complete without a college of medicine. This was facilitated by the purchase of the Instituto de Mujeres along Aurora Boulevard, Quezon City. It consisted of 10,000 square meters of ground and a four-storey concrete building that was remodelled to expand and meet a medical college's requirements. Thus, the college of medicine was established in 1956, and it became the nucleus of the University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center, Inc.(UERMMMCI)

Locations

  • 768, Philippines

Questions