PG Dip Global Mental Health and Wellbeing University of Essex Online
Mental health and wellbeing is on everyone’s radar, not just locally but across the world. The pandemic has made us all more aware of how important it is to prioritise our mental health so if you want to explore this further, consider our 100% online Postgraduate Diploma in Global Mental Health and Wellbeing.
Whether you work in health, social care or HR or any sector in between, our PG Dip Global Mental Health and Wellbeing is transferable across a wide array of sectors This programme will provide you with a solid understanding of the sociological aspects of mental health, as well as policies and ethics on a global scale.
Upon completion of your Postgraduate Diploma, you may wish to progress onto the full MSc Global Mental Health and Wellbeing.
*The start date and details of this course are still subject to university approval. In the event approval is not granted by your course start date, an alternative date will be offered, or a full refund given. If we need to make changes to this programme as part of the University of Essex validation process, we will communicate these to you at the earliest possible date.
We’re a 100% online education provider, so we use a state-of-the-art virtual learning environment (VLE) to deliver our teaching, resources and assessments. Our system tracks and manages the learning process in real-time and provides you with immediate access to your learning materials. The VLE is accessible 24/7 and allows both students and tutors to actively take part in real-time conversations and live seminars.
We believe you get the most out of your time spent studying when you are kept informed of your performance, and we achieve this by:
- assessing you throughout modules rather than waiting for end-of-year assessments
- showing your marks in your grade book which can be viewed whenever you log onto the virtual learning environment (VLE)
- rapid turnaround on work assessed to ensure your grade book is always up to date
- ensuring you have regular contact with your Student Support team
All assessments are delivered through our virtual learning environment (VLE). There is no requirement to travel to external test centres or to sit exams! Instead, you will submit assignments through the VLE, such as written reports, discussion forum participation or reflective journal entries.
We also have a policy of ensuring that the work submitted by students is authentic – we use a well-established electronic monitoring system to check for plagiarism.
Why Essex Online?
Study online. Graduate on campus.
You will complete your studies and assessments 100% online and your qualification will be awarded by the University of Essex, an award-winning university with a 50-year heritage of teaching and research excellence and one of the top 30 universities in the UK (Complete University Guide 2022). Upon completing your course, you will graduate with the same certificate as campus-based students – your mode of study is only mentioned on your academic transcript.
Quality assured experience
We won the Best Online Classroom Experience Award at the Global Student Satisfaction Awards (GSSA 2021). We stand behind the academic quality of our online courses and that’s why we offer a money back guarantee. If you decide your course isn’t for you within 21 days, we’ll give you a full refund.*
* Terms and Conditions apply. To find out more please contact our Admissions team.
World-class academic and mentoring support
Our online tutors are leading authorities and specialists in their respective fields. They are passionate about what they teach and combine their knowledge of industry practice with high-quality academic delivery, offering you an unparalleled learning experience.
We also have a dedicated team of Student Advisers and Study Skills Advisers that will support you from your first day to graduation. They will be on hand to help and guide you as you progress through your studies. Whatever the question or issue, they will work with you to find a solution.
Upon completion of the PG Dip, you will be well prepared for a career as a Mentor, Coach, Manager, Mental Health Lead or Wellbeing Adviser. Should you wish to further your training, you could also become a Specialist Nurse, Specialist Mental Health Practitioner or Health Service Manager.
Additionally, you may wish to progress onto our MSc Global Mental Health and Wellbeing.
You can study the following modules on the PG Dip Global Mental Health and Wellbeing:
- Introduction to Global Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Global Policy and Ethics in Mental Health
- Mental Health over the Life Course
Plus two optional modules:
- Contemporary Issues in Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Advanced Practice in Healthcare
- Specialist Topics in Mental Health
- Dementia in Contemporary Society
*Core module must be passed in order to achieve the award.
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
- Simple monthly payment plan available, enabling you to spread the cost over the duration of your studies.
- Full payment discount of 5% if you pay upfront.
- Regional scholarship available for international students based overseas in eligible countries.
- Alumni discount of 10% of the tuition fee available if you are a previous graduate with the University of Essex or University of Essex Online.
- 10% corporate discount available when three or more of your employees study with us.
Please note, a maximum of two discounts or scholarships can be applied. The corporate discount can only be used in combination with our upfront payment discount, but not in conjunction with any other discount or scholarship. Find out more information about our discounts and scholarships.