Degree in Human Nutrition and Dietetics Universidad Europea del Atlántico
"The student will be able to exercise their consulting skills in a totally real environment"
The growing scientific evidence that relates the type of diet and health makes it necessary for professionals adequately trained in Human Nutrition and Dietetics to intervene on people's health.
The curriculum in Human Nutrition and Dietetics of the Universidad Europea del Atlántico offers current quality training applied to all professional fields in which the dietician-nutritionist can operate, also allowing a great specialization of the students thanks to the offer of electives available.
The Faculty of Health Sciences has modern facilities that allow students to fully develop the practical skills of the Degree, including technical laboratories (Biochemistry and Physiology, Bromatology and Food Technology, and Culinary Technology and Gastronomy) and a Service Center Nutritional where the student will be able to exercise their consulting skills in a totally real environment and thus take a first contact with patients before their external internships.
The Dietitian-Nutritionist can develop his work activity in the following areas:
- Clinical: acts on the feeding of individual people or groups of healthy or sick people (in this case after medical diagnosis), taking into account both physiological and / or pathological needs, as well as personal, socioeconomic, religious and / or cultural preferences .
- Community or public health: acts on specific groups of the population, with the aim of carrying out prevention and health promotion measures.
- Collective catering: manages and organizes the food service, ensuring the quality and wholesomeness of the food served. She is in charge of the continuous training of the staff, as well as the planning of menus and assessment of the nutritional balance of the food offer.
- Industry: participates in the development of new food products and production processes, in social marketing related to food, in scientific and technical legal advice to companies at different levels.
- Teaching: acts as a trainer in public and private centers where knowledge about food, nutrition and health is imparted.
- Research: participate in multidisciplinary research and development teams, especially those focused on the area of food, nutrition and health.
English at University
English, the key to your present and future
Currently, one of the essential tools in international communication, and the key that opens the possibilities to find a good job both in Spain and abroad, is English. In our country, 80% of job offers already require an excellent command of this language and, on many occasions, this criterion is imposed above others such as the record or professional career.
That is why at the Universidad Europea del Atlántico and in the Degree in Human Nutrition and Dietetics, training in this language is promoted and two elective subjects in English are included with orientation applied to Nutrition and Dietetics in the curriculum with the objective that the student reaches a high level in this language. In addition, the international profile of the university promotes and facilitates the development of this language.
So that the previous level of English does not pose a barrier to access to studies, UNEATLANTICO provides personalized teaching, especially during the first year, so that all students achieve sufficient language skills in English with which to successfully pass the subjects of the career.
In this way, regardless of their starting level of English, with a global support plan based on tutorials, specific materials and very small work groups, the student can follow the classes in a Spanish / English bilingual system progressively and at At the end, they will have acquired bilingual skills for the exercise of their profession.
Practice your profession
UNEATLANTICO reproduces real work environments
The Campus of the Universidad Europea del Atlántico is designed for students to put their profession into practice from the first year. The Faculty of Health Sciences has modern facilities that allow students to fully develop the practical skills of the Degree, including several technical laboratories (biochemistry and physiology, food science and technology, culinary technology and gastronomy), computer rooms and a Nutritional Care Center where the student can exercise their consulting skills in a totally real environment and make a first contact with real patients.
The teaching team motivates the university students to get involved in the life of the Campus, guides them to start projects and ideas that allow them to develop their profession from day one. The educational model is not limited to complying with the curricular activity of the students but to guaranteeing their theoretical-practical training and the total involvement of the student in their professional environment.
In addition, the University has numerous internship agreements with companies from different sectors that complement the learning of university students and favor the development of transversal skills that will be necessary for them when applying for a job. The teachers-tutors are in charge of guiding and supervising the work of the students and thus favoring the maximum use of their contact with the business world. The Universidad Europea del Atlántico helps you put your dreams into practice.
At the end of the program, the student will obtain the title of GRADUATE OR GRADUATE IN HUMAN AND DIETARY NUTRITION, issued by the Universidad Europea del Atlántico .
The degree is aimed at people who are clear about their professional and personal goals, who contribute maturity and contribute to mutual enrichment with the rest of their colleagues. This is intended to provide candidates with a context in which to develop a profitable long-term relationship with classmates, professors, alumni, and the institution.
In general, candidates to study at the University must meet the following qualities:
- Leadership: the University expresses its interest in candidates capable of working as a team, with self-confidence, with initiative, capable of working under pressure, with communication skills and a high sense of ethics.
- Academic trajectory and professional motivation: candidates must have completed their access studies to the Spanish university system within a reasonable period of time and with satisfactory academic results. Likewise, certain previous professional experience is considered positive, as well as any other complementary training that the candidates have carried out and contribute in the application.
- Languages: given the international and global character with which it is intended to provide the University, the command and use of the English language is an admission requirement valued during the admission process.
Likewise, non-Spanish-speaking students who enter the university must prove the level required to study in Spanish. In any case, any other language will be valued as a differentiating element during the admission process.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Global citizens.
Objectives in their training:
- A prestigious international institution.
- Flexibility in the curriculum.
- Innovative learning methodologies.
- Personalized teaching: small groups, tutoring systems.
- Practical approach oriented to the labor market: workshops, conferences, internships.
- Exchange programs with world universities.
- Integral formation.
In addition to the general data of the students of this University, the students of the Degree in Human Nutrition and Dietetics will respond to the following specific characteristics of the degree:
The following criteria are indicative and will meet, in any case, the criteria of non-discrimination based on race, nationality, ideology, sex or religion. It will be valued positively:
- Interest and concern for culture in general, both his own and that of other regions.
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in reflecting on the value of intercultural political communication, discovering the reason for the rules about how contemporary societies are organized and how international social actors interact and innovate in their organizational and decision-making modes.
- The facility in oral and written expression.
- International experience through trips or school stays.
- The understanding of ethics as the ultimate engine of human decisions.
The recommended academic profile is one that meets the access requirements set out on this website. In addition, an interdisciplinary, inclusive profile is pursued and open to a diversity of possible profiles since we are aware of the richness it brings.
This interdisciplinary, inclusive and open profile referring to post-compulsory high school students who will access the degree, refers to the fact that it is not necessary to have completed a specific branch of Baccalaureate to be admitted to the degree title. It is considered that the diversity of academic profiles of the students enriches the teaching-learning group. Additionally, we propose as a recommended profile for this title that of the student from the Baccalaureate of Science and Technology.