Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) University of Szeged
About the program
In the first three years, students are taught the basic sciences of medicine and dentistry. From the second year on, there is more emphasis on the study of dental diseases and their treatment. The last two years serve as the intensive clinical study of each of the various disciplines of dentistry. In the final year students participate in elective programmes, clinical conferences and hospital-based trainings.
The Faculty of Dentistry is the regional centre established for dental care in the southeastern region of Hungary. The graduates of the University are entitled to apply for hospital residency positions worldwide. Citizens of the EU will receive their licenses automatically within the Community.
- Level of the program: undivided master’s programme; title acquired: Doctor Medicinae Dentaire
- Registered in: EU
- Credits: 300
Who should apply?
Prospective students should possess personal competencies and skills that include empathy and willingness to help, appropriate skills to communicate, appropriate manual skills, a positive attitude toward professional training, readiness to cooperate, the ability to perform managerial tasks after a period of acquiring sufficient practice, creativity, and good problem-solving skills. Applications are accepted from graduates of accredited high schools or colleges/universities. It is an advantage if the applicant has studied Biology, Chemistry (General, Inorganic, Organic), and Physics in high school.
Fully completed online application form. Entrance examinations are held in Hungary and at different locations in Europe, Asia, Africa, and the United States between February and July. Applicants are allowed to participate in one examination during each application period. The exam consists of a written and an oral portion.
For students who feel unprepared for the regular degree programs or who need help in reviewing basic sciences in English, we offer an 8-month Foundation Year Program.
How to apply
The process of Application at the University of Szeged happens via an online application platform called the DreamApply.
Application Step by Step
- Choose your program and read the program description on our website. Each description includes a direct link to the online application platform.
- Click on Apply Now button in the program description and sign up for the online application platform.
- Fill in the online application form, upload the necessary documents and make sure to pay the application fee.
- Check your mailbox regularly. The system will remind you to complete the tasks.
What happens after?
- After you have submitted your application, your documents are going to be evaluated and you may be invited to take an entrance exam.
- Pay the entrance exam fee, if applicable, and do your best at the exam.
- If you are accepted, you will receive our Admission Letter through the system including the tuition fee.
- Once the tuition fee is credited, your place is reserved at SZTE.
- In case you need a visa, make sure to arrange an appointment at the Hungarian Consulate or Embassy and present your Admission Letter and the proof of payment of the tuition fee (in most of the cases of SZTE programs you are asked to pay the first two semesters (one year).
For more information please contact Ms. Ágnes Zádori-Nagy by e-mail or call +36 62 342 513.