As a distinguished resource for dental education in Texas for more than 100 years, Texas A&M College of Dentistry in Dallas is dedicated to combining higher education and research with community service.
The college opened its doors in 1905, was affiliated with Baylor University from 1918 to 1971 and spent the next 25 years as an independent, private institution.
In 1996, the college entered an entirely new era as a member of The Texas A&M University System. In 1999, the college became a founding member of the Texas A&M Health Science Center. The college's current name, Texas A&M College of Dentistry, reflects the college's alliance with Texas A&M University, which occurred in 2013.