B.S. Cardiovascular Sonography Nova Southeastern University Undergraduate Programs
Get a Professional Edge by Learning Cardiac Sonography and Vascular Sonography
Physicians rely on cardiac and vascular sonographers to help save lives. Cardiac sonographers (echocardiographers) use ultrasound imaging to determine, detect and diagnose diseases of the heart. Vascular sonographers have a deeper understanding of all the arteries and veins in the human body, which allows them to identify anatomical and physiological changes. Nova Southeastern University has integrated both specialties into one sonography degree program so that you gain an advantage in the professional marketplace.
Cardiac sonography and vascular sonography are two of the most sought-after medical ultrasound specialties. Where many other programs only focus on one, NSU’s Bachelor of Science in Cardiovascular Sonography program gives you the education and training you need to succeed in both. At NSU, you’ll gain extensive, hands-on experience in high-tech laboratories, including the use of real-world ultrasound machines and a 3D echocardiography simulator (typically reserved for physician training). You’ll also develop your skills through an intensive 12-month clinical externship. As a graduate of the program, you’ll be more than prepared to excel in your career.
Why Should You Major in Cardiovascular Sonography at NSU?
- NSU’s program is CAAHEP accredited in both Adult Echocardiography and Non-invasive Vascular sonography specializations through 2024;
- Graduates of NSU’s B.S. in Cardiovascular Sonography have an extremely high passing rate on registry exams, up to 96%, and enjoy a 91% employment rate;
- Get hands-on experience on state-of-the-art machines that are just like the ones used in hospitals and laboratories;
- NSU was the first school of allied health in the U.S. to use the high-fidelity HeartWorks echocardiography simulator in its labs;
- Small class sizes allow you to work one-on-one with your professors;
- You’ll be eligible to apply for both the Adult Echocardiography and the non-invasive Vascular Technology professional registry exams offered by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), and/or the corresponding credentials offered by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI);
- The program is 24 months: 12 months of instruction and 12 months of clinical externship (this program is only offered at NSU’s Tampa Bay Regional Campus).