Pre-Physical Therapy (BS)
Saint Charles, USA
USD 9,550 / per semester
01 Jun 2023
Earliest start date
21 Aug 2023
As a pre-physical therapy student, you may follow the Lindenwood University curriculum for a bachelor of science in exercise science or a bachelor of science in biological science to assist in your preparation for physical therapy school. Faculty advisors can assist you in the process of completing necessary prerequisite courses that are outside of the major requirements.
Additionally, the exercise science department has a physical therapy articulation agreement that can assist in your transition to physical therapy school after the completion of your undergraduate degree.
|27% Higher Income||93% Success Rate|
|Our graduates have a 27% higher income than the national median 10 years after enrolling. Source: US Department of Education's College Scorecard/ Department of Treasury 2018.||Investing in a Lindenwood education sets you up for success. 93% of Lindenwood graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate programs within 6 months of graduation.|
As a Lindenwood University pre-physical therapy student, you will typically major in exercise science or biological sciences. Physical therapy schools may have a variety of prerequisite courses; however, typical prerequisite courses for physical therapy schools are:
- BSC 22700 Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- BSC 22800 Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- BSC 24000 Introduction to Biological Diversity
- BSC 24400 Introduction to Cellular and Molecular Biology
- CHM 23000 General Chemistry 1
- CHM 23100 General Chemistry 2 & CHM 24100 General Chemistry 2 laboratory
- CHM 23200 General Chemistry 3 & CHM 24200 General Chemistry 3 laboratory
- MTH 14100 Basic Statistics
- MTH 15200 Pre-calculus: Elementary Functions (a prerequisite for PHY 25100)
- PHY 25100 Introduction to Physics I
- PHY 25200 Introduction to Physics II
- PSY 10000 Principles of Psychology
- PSY 30300 Abnormal Psychology
While these are generally the prerequisite courses for a majority of physical therapy schools, if you have specific physical therapy schools in mind, it is recommended that you should work with your advisor to make sure that you complete any specific prerequisite courses that are required by that school.
Additionally, the exercise science department has a physical therapy articulation agreement with Rockhurst University that can assist in your transition to physical therapy school after the completion of your undergraduate degree.
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
Lindenwood offers a wide range of scholarships to support student success. 88% of Lindenwood undergraduates receive scholarships. Source: The National Center for Educational Statistics.