Pre-Optometry (BS) Lindenwood University
The Next Great Learner-Centric University
- A nationally recognized institution of higher learning.
- Delivering comprehensive student-centric learning and community engagement.
- Innovative, relevant, and forward-thinking academic and experiential programs.
- Over 100 degree and certificate options offered.
- Impactful On-campus, Online, and Hybrid experiences.
- A proud member of NCAA Division I.
Lindenwood is an independent, public-serving, University that has a historical relationship with the Presbyterian Church and is firmly rooted in Judeo-Christian values. These values include belief in an ordered, purposeful universe, the dignity of work, the worth and integrity of the individual, the obligations and privileges of citizenship, and the primacy of the truth.
Real experience. Real success.
Enhancing lives through quality education and professional preparatory experiences.
The next great learner-centric university
Lindenwood University, a nationally recognized institution of higher learning, delivers comprehensive student-centric learning and community engagement through innovative, relevant, and forward-thinking academic and experiential programs.
- Excellence - We are committed to providing quality and excellence in all our endeavors.
- Dedication - We are committed to developing a high-performance work ethic and dedication to discipline or vocation.
- Integrity - We are committed to ensuring trust and respect for all persons in an environment that cultivates individual and institutional integrity.
- Creativity - We are committed to the development of original ideas, knowledge, and innovative approaches to solving complex problems.
- Teamwork - We are committed to creating a connected, diverse community of team players who are humble, motivated, and smart; committed to working together to advance the university’s mission.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The Office of Community Equity and Inclusion aims to strengthen the campus community by promoting opportunities for intellectual, cultural, ethical, and spiritual transformation.
Center for Diversity and Inclusion (CDI) Courageous Conversations
The mission of the Center for Diversity and Inclusion (CDI) is to foster a culture of belonging and by serving as a resource and liaison for students, staff, and faculty on issues of equity through advocacy, outreach, collaboration, training, and education. Courageous Conversations is a facilitated conversation for faculty and staff to have an open dialogue about topics that impact real career and life experiences.
Diversity trainings at Lindenwood University include Safe Zone, Implicit Bias Training, Gender Bias Training, disAbility Bias Training, and more.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
Lindenwood University is proud of its diverse population of faculty, staff, and students from all corners of the world. We intentionally design our policies in such a manner that all stakeholders (whether students, employees, or visitors) will be treated respectfully, fairly, equitably, and with dignity and inclusiveness in the pursuit and achievement of the objectives of their relationship with the university.
Additionally, we strive to ensure the opportunities afforded by the university for learning, personal advancement, and employment are offered to all without discrimination and that we always provide a safe, supportive, and welcoming environment for all students, employees, and visitors. Upholding a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion means that people of different cultures, races, colors, genders, ages, religions, orientations, affiliations, sexual orientations, socio-economic backgrounds, disabilities, or countries of origin shall not be mistreated or discriminated against on the basis of their differences. Therefore, all Lindenwood policies, facilities, resources, activities, and privileges, irrespective of individual differences, are made available and accessible to everyone in our campus community.
At Lindenwood University, we will strive to:
- Offer collaborative and integrated academic, co-curricular and sporting programs that provide mutually beneficial experiences to our diverse body of students.
- Pursue and promote mutual understanding, respect, and cooperation among our students, teaching and non-teaching staff, contractors, suppliers, and visitors to our community who represent the aforementioned differences.
- Encourage and promote the empowerment and advancement of minority groups within our community through academic and social activities, offering activities of special interest to them, and affording them equal-opportunity integration within our community.
- Respect the knowledge, skills, and experiences that every person in our community brings to the university.
- Design and operate flexible and easily accessible services, facilities, and activities whose procedures appropriately recognize the needs of everyone in our community.
- Make every effort to ensure that our current and future contractual agreements and obligations fully reflect and embrace our commitment to the philosophy and culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as delineated in this statement.
- Encourage all faculty and staff members to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our community.
- Protect every member of our community against all forms of discrimination.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Lindenwood University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other status protected under applicable law. This policy extends to its admissions, employment, activities, treatment, educational programs, and services.
Lindenwood University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination. Any kind of discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or retaliation is unacceptable. For the purpose of this policy, discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or retaliation may be defined as any attempt on the part of individuals, groups, or recognized campus organizations to deny an individual or group those rights, freedoms, or opportunities available to all members of the Lindenwood University community.
27% Higher Income 93% Success Rate Our graduates have a 27% higher income than the national median 10 years after enrolling. Source: US Department of Education's College Scorecard/ Department of Treasury 2018. Investing in a Lindenwood education sets you up for success. 93% of Lindenwood graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate programs within 6 months of graduation.
Lindenwood University has a dedicated staff of admissions professionals sensitive to each student’s particular circumstances and service needs.
The Lindenwood experience is what separates our graduates from the rest of the pack. It is what we call ‘real experience and real success’. Our goal is to open the door to a quality education and collaborate with high-achieving students who showcase success, not only in the classroom but far beyond.
With more than 90-degree options, hands-on learning experiences, and internships in every discipline -- The Lindenwood team stands ready to help you explore what the buzz is all about!
In addition to our Mane Event held each April for admitted students, the university has assembled an additional webpage so that admitted students can find key resources and info before classes begin.
Undergraduate Day Admissions has the responsibility of serving the needs of traditional college-bound students who are either coming directly from high school or are recent high school graduates transferring from another institution.
Our transfer admissions team is committed to supporting your transition to Lindenwood by helping you discover the best educational format and by accepting course credit from many universities across the country.
Hybrid Evening Admissions
Hybrid Evening programs make it possible for you to finish your degree without taking time away from your family, work, or hobbies.
The Office of Graduate Admissions provides services for working adults wishing to return to school in our traditional, online, or accelerated degree programs.
Online Admissions now gives you the opportunity to experience a Lindenwood quality education through the convenience and flexibility of online courses.
Office of International Admissions and Scholars
The Office of International Admissions and Scholars remains committed to providing a culturally diverse learning environment for students from countries throughout the world.