Pre-Physical Therapy Program Graceland University
Students interested in pursuing a Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree should major in Biology or another appropriate major from the Department of Health and Movement Science. Students should review the admissions requirements for the physical therapy schools of their choice.
During summers, students should consider internships or volunteer experiences working with licensed physical therapists at local hospitals or clinics to gain practical experience. Most students take the GRE exam in April of their junior year and begin to apply to physical therapy schools during the summer following their junior year. Early application using the PTCAS application service is strongly recommended.
Students interested in other allied health professions should follow similar recommendations. As always, students should review the admissions requirements for the programs of their choice and seek practical experience in the field.
We recommend that students complete the following courses (in addition to major requirements) to prepare for admission and success in physical therapy school:
- ATHT2500 Medical Terminology
- BIOL1520 Organismal Biology
- BIOL2430 Animal Biology
- BIOL3420 Human Anatomy
- BIOL3440 Human Physiology
- CHEM1440/1441 Principles of Chemistry II with Lab
- HMSC3200 Foundations of Evidence-Based Practice
- MATH1380 Introduction to Statistics
- PHED4360 Physiology of Exercise
- PHYS1410 Elements of Physics I with Lab
- PHYS1420 Elements of Physics II with Lab
- PSYC1300 Introductory Psychology
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.