Doctor of Physical Therapy Graceland University
The Doctor of Physical Therapy at Graceland University is a hybrid, accelerated program that provides students with an innovative and collaborative learning community. The mission of the program is to develop movement system experts who lead and serve their communities with justice, compassion, excellence, and a sense of belonging. The innovative, two-year curriculum develops an adaptable, collaborative, evidence-informed, socially responsible, and reflective learning community of practitioners. Students will graduate as empowered physical therapists that can provide transformational care and leadership that serves and positively impacts society.
"This program not only develops movement system experts but we strongly value the power of belonging. As we develop a reflective learning community of practitioners, we focus not only on the skills needed to be a physical therapist, but on leadership, service, and professional formation. This is achieved through an innovative and accessible curriculum. Our program strives to empower physical therapists to provide transformational care and leadership that will serve their community and profession in a positive way."
Leigh Murray, PT, PhD
Director/Clinical Professor, Physical Therapy Program
This program not only develops movement system experts but we strongly value the power of belonging. As we develop a reflective learning community of practitioners, we focus not only on the skills needed to be a physical therapist, but on leadership, service, and professional formation. This is achieved through an innovative and accessible curriculum. Our program strives to empower physical therapists to provide transformational care and leadership that will serve their community and profession in a positive way.
The degree requirements consist of a core set of courses in foundational and clinical sciences, evidence-based practice, and specialty areas (i.e. geriatrics, pediatrics). Students will also complete physical therapy clinical practice hours within the field under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist.
The hybrid format of instruction is provided through online education and face-to-face onsite lab immersion sessions that allow students to live anywhere in the country. The program is designed to be in full compliance with the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapist Education (CAPTE).
- DPTP 8130 Human Physiology* 3
- DPTP 8140 Pharmacology* 2
- DPTP 8101 Human Anatomy I 4
- DPTP 8310 Physical Therapy Fundamentals 3
- DPTP 8411 Professional Competencies I* 1
- DPTP 8102 Human Anatomy II 3
- DPTP 8150 Movement Science 2
- DPTP 8321 Therapeutic Interventions I 2
- DPTP 8501 Musculoskeletal Practice I 3
- DPTP 8322 Therapeutic Interventions II 3
- DPTP 8330 Health Promotion & Fitness Management 2
- DPTP 8201 Clinical Neuroscience I 1
- DPTP 8302 Clinical Neuroscience II 2
- DPTP 8401 Evidence-based Practice I 2
- DPTP 8502 Musculoskeletal Practice II 3
- DPTP 8640 Bracing, Prosthetics & Orthotics 2
- DPTP 8503 Musculoskeletal Practice III 3
- DPTP 8601 Neuromuscular Practice I 2
- DPTP 8620 Cardiopulmonary Practice 4
- DPTP 8412 Professional Competencies II 1
- DPTP 8720 Pediatric Practice I 2
- DPTP 8504 Musculoskeletal Practice IV 3
- DPTP 8602 Neuromuscular Practice II 3
- DPTP 8402 Evidence-based Practice II 2
Total credit hours – Year 1: 58
- DPTP 8701 Physical Therapy Practice I (8 weeks) 8
- DPTP 8721 Pediatric Practice II 1
- DPTP 8660 Business Management & Entrepreneurship 3
- DPTP 8700 Integrative Pain Sciences 2
- DPTP 8740 Primary Care Physical Therapy 2
- DPTP 8760 Advanced Diagnostics 1
- DPTP 8730 Management of Complex Patients 4
- DPTP 8710 Management of the Aging Adult 3
- DPTP 8750 Advanced Therapeutic Interventions 2
- DPTP 9702 Physical Therapy Practice II (10 weeks) 10
- DPTP 9412 Professional Competencies III 1
- DPTP 9703 Physical Therapy Practice III (14 weeks)* 14
- DPTP 9711 Capstone I 1
- DPTP 9712 Capstone II 1
- DPTP 9710 PT Independent Study** 1
Total credit hours – Year 2: 54
Physical therapists are movement experts that practice in various settings, including hospitals, outpatient clinics, fitness facilities, and nursing homes.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.