Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
USD 17,975 / per semester
Earliest start date
Lead the Future of Our Nation’S Health with Expertise in Healthcare Management from Gannon University
Healthcare accounts for a significant and rapidly growing segment of the U.S. economy. Gannon’s healthcare management concentration will equip you with the essential knowledge of healthcare’s dynamic business environment while studying healthcare delivery, providers, and services. Through practical yet rigorous coursework, you’ll be well prepared to enter managerial positions at a variety of healthcare organizations such as hospitals, long-term care facilities, and related services.
- Learn from faculty who hold extensive backgrounds in healthcare leadership and business.
- Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
- Gain a competitive edge by studying healthcare-related cybersecurity threats at Gannon’s Institute for Health and Cyber Knowledge.
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key healthcare management courses including:
Introduction to the U.S. Healthcare System: Understand the evolution and current structure of the U.S. health care system and examine its features in the context of providers, payers and suppliers.
Healthcare Economics: Examine structures of health care and insurance markets in the context of traditional microeconomics analysis and the optimum allocation of health care.
Healthcare Law and Regulation: Understand fundamental legal issues surrounding the delivery of U.S. health care.
Learn to Lead the Way in Healthcare Management
- Gain advanced knowledge in the dynamic business environment of health care.
- Study aspects of health care delivery, providers, services, and financing.
- Contribute to improving the efficiency and quality of health care services.
- Learn to plan, direct and coordinate the business activities of healthcare providers.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Dahlkemper School of Business Students evaluate and integrate core knowledge across the breadth of functional business areas to solve problems and capture opportunities.
- Dahlkemper School of Business Students apply leadership and team-building skills to develop strategies, manage resources and achieve goals.
- Dahlkemper School of Business Students recognize the importance of ethical issues, integrity, inclusiveness, and social responsibility in real-world business behavior.
- Dahlkemper School of Business Students identify, analyze, evaluate, and solve business problems using both discipline-specific and cross-functional integrative thinking.
- Dahlkemper School of Business Students utilize written and oral communication skills to effectively interact with stakeholders.
- Dahlkemper School of Business Students recognize global business concepts and practices that present opportunities and challenges in an environment of diversity and multiculturalism.
- Dahlkemper School of Business Students demonstrate concentration knowledge and appropriate application of the business concepts, opportunities, and practices in their respective business majors.
Achieve the Possibilities
Students will gain a high-quality education that enables success in the rigors of graduate school or a future profession. Through an array of program opportunities, you can:
- Become a highly skilled professional in an industry that accounts for more than 18% of U.S. economic spending and employs more than 20 million people.
- Secure valuable internship and career opportunities through major regional medical centers located just two miles from campus, as well as nursing homes, care communities, and private and public health organizations.
- Earn an average median salary of $100,980 in a career that is expected to grow 32% by 2029, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.