Introduction to Health and Safety in Caregiving (Free Online Course With Certificate) Alison Free Online Learning
This free online course explains how care workers can manage risk and comply with the UK’s health and safety policies.
Caregivers and their patients may face occupational risks that include psychosocial, ergonomic, chemical and biological hazards. This health and safety course outlines the responsibilities of employers and employees in workplaces like care homes and explains how to identify, manage and control risks. We also discuss the UK’s legal approach to first aid, fire safety and stress management. Sign up to train as a professional caregiver.
What You Will Learn In This Free Course
- Identify the occupational health and safety responsibilities of care professionals
- Outline the benefits of risk and stress management in terms of health and safety policies
- Discuss fire safety management and describe the UK’s fire safety regulations
- Explain the safety aspects of moving and handling equipment in health and social care settings
- Identify the purpose of LOLER awareness training in health and safety management
- Discuss RIDDOR regulations concerning reportable injury and first aid administration in the UK