Master of Science in Stem Cell Medicine Akademie der Ruhr-Universität
Are you wanting to be part of one of the first German universities to to offer a international masters degree in Stem Cell Medicine? Your Master will prepare you for a career in one of the most fascinating, modern and promising fields of medicine.
Stem cell research is central to our understanding of how human life develops as well as how it leads us to the discovery of novel drugs using stem-cell based disease models and cellular therapies in regenerative medicine. Cellular reprogramming of somatic cells to induced, pluripotent stem (iPS) cells as well as direct cell transdifferentiations using combinations of transcription factors are the latest developments in these directions. We predict that in the near future, a strong demand of educated biochemists with backgrounds in stem cell and regenerative medicine will find their places in basic research, medical research institutions, medicinal practices and in the pharmaceutical industry.
This demands in turn an advanced interdisciplinary educational approach starting in the field of chemistry of small molecules, bioinformatics of nucleic acids and protein networks, biochemistry of transcription factors, genetics and epigenetics, systems biology as well as nanotechnology and material sciences combined with molecular developmental and medicine training.
The Master program offered by Ruhr University Bochum invites you to chart the course for the medicine of the future, in Stem Cell, regenerative medicine.
- Study at one of the largest, international German universities: The Ruhr University Bochum in the heart of Europe’s biggest Metropolitan area, the Rhein-Ruhr Area.
- The Institute of Anatomy has a long tradition of training medical students with an excellent reputation
- Expand your learning through the advanced laboratory facilities
- Improve your language skills
- Study together with an international group of students
- Get a Master of Science in Stem Cell Medicine and become a Professional in a novel career field in the life sciences and medicine
- Receive individualized support throughout your studies