The aim of the study program(s) - is to prepare a competent advanced practice nurse with acquired modern knowledge, practical skills and considerable critical thinking who would rely on the system of professional and personal values formed and is able to apply advanced nursing practice solutions based on scientific research, to work independently in various health care institutions and to take leadership in a dynamic multi-professional environment in order to effectively deal with the problems of health care system.
- Advanced Nursing Practice
- 2 years
- MSc in Health Sciences, Advanced Practice Nurse
- 120 ECTS credits
- 4,500 EUR per year
- Taught in English
After graduation, you can
- Advanced practice nurse can provide care for patients at home within in- and outpatient health care institutions at palliative care centers;
- Provide emergency medical aid.
Structure of the program
what you will learn each year
- Year 1: Health care system management, law, and quality, Clinical ethics, Preparation of final thesis: Research Methodology I and II; Pathophysiology (advanced level); Clinical pharmacology (advanced level); Assessment of health condition and management of chronic and acute diseases (conditions); Health promotion and disease prevention programs; Clinical practice.
- Year 2: Specialization’ subjects in Advanced nursing practice in primary care; Advanced nursing practice in emergency and Advanced nursing practice in anesthesiology and intensive care. Clinical practice Defense of Master Thesis and The final qualifying exam (clinical competencies).
Why study Advanced Nursing Practice at LSMU?
- Clinical skills developed in the largest clinical hospital in the Baltic StatesSmall groups, i.e. up to 10 students, in clinical courses.
- The multicultural environment and student community: international students from 70 different countries make up nearly 17% of the total student population at LSMU.
- Work experience in University Hospital for 12-24 months (depending on further career).
- Master degree and professional qualification of the advanced practice nurse.
- Benefits – flexibility and adjustment to changing environments.
- Better career opportunities, higher salary, more autonomous practice.
- Support system for students’ adaptation: mentoring, tutoring and psychological counseling.
International students could be admitted into the English program of the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences if they provide the legalized high school or college certificate and transcript (officially translated into English) and meet the Entrance Exam requirements. Good grades in biology, chemistry, and physics will give preference. Good knowledge of the English language is obligatory.
Items to be submitted (in English or with an authorized English translation):
- Matriculation / School Leaving Certificate confirmed by the governmental authorities (see below "Legalization of Educational Documents");
- Transcripts of high school/ senior secondary school courses verifying successful completion of General Biology and General Chemistry. For Health Psychology program - Mathematics and General Biology;
- Certificate proving the knowledge of the English language: TOEFL – minimum 65 points (iBT); IELTS – above 5.5 points; the certificate confirming the knowledge of a foreign language at minimum B2 level (CEFR) or similar. If you are not able to present any certificate proving the knowledge of the English language you will have to take an English language test prepared by the University. The English language test will be given on the same day as the test in Biology/Chemistry;
- Motivation letter;
- Brief CV;
- Passport or ID copy;
- Health Certificate based on complete medical examination;
- Three passport-type photographs (3x4 cm);
- Application fee 150 EUR (nonrefundable).
"For almost 4 years now, the LSMU as an institution has treated me with respect, integrity and provided me with good quality problem based learning education. For some it might be a daunting task to move away from the family and friends but, as a student, I can surely say that you will be surrounded by amazing people and in no time you will become a part of the LSMU family." - Jithin Thomas
About the School
The University is the largest institution of higher education for biomedical sciences in Lithuania, successfully integrating studies, research, and clinical practice. LSMU consists of two main academi ... Read More