The modern world, a world of patients and medical professionals is changing. This concerns the professional work of nurses needs in the area of nursing and expectations of patients regarding this profession; the education system of this group of professionals is also changing. The profession of a nurse is one of the few professions of social trust. A nurse is expected to have an impeccable moral and ethical attitude from society, high personal culture, compliance and respect for patient rights and professional secrecy.
The program assumptions define the full range of requirements, and thus the role to be performed by a student, i.e.:
- planning, organizing and implementing nursing care
- providing benefits in the range of promotion, preservation, and prevention of illness
- providing holistic and personalized care for the sick, the disabled and the dying
- providing medicinal and rehabilitation services in accordance with applicable regulations; preventive, diagnostic
- cooperation in the role of a member of the healthcare team
- initiating and supporting local community health initiatives
- following the principles of professional ethics
- cooperating with professionals to ensure total care for the individual and the family
- communicating with the patient, his family, and other professionals
- development of a nursing practice, critical thinking, and scientific research by applying current knowledge in practice in the range of medical science, social sciences, nursing theory, legal regulations of the profession and care
A graduate of first-degree studies will in practice carry out tasks related to a profession of public trust, so he should identify with the profession, be characterized by sensitivity, easiness in making interpersonal contacts, goodwill and understanding the problems of the people he will take care of. What counts is responsibility, sensitivity to human suffering, resistance to stress, ability to make the right decisions, often in difficult situations.
The modules/subjects of basic education provide knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and human development, from conception to late old age. It covers all processes occurring in the body, sources, mechanisms, basic pathological processes, problems and achievements of modern medicine such as transplantology, cloning, genetics, aging processes, and death. The issues of health hazards occurring in the environment of residence, education, and work are covered and the assumptions of the social and health policy of the state and organization of the health care system and the importance of the structure and resources of nursing are discussed. The entire program block is complemented by knowledge in the field of pharmacology, psychology, sociology, and pedagogy, allowing you to fully understand the functioning and behavior of a person whom they will embrace with holistic care in the future and communicate well with him.
A group of courses/subjects of directional education prepares to gain skills of maintaining contact with healthy and ill people, identify patients’ health problems, plan, implement and document the provided nursing care and collaborate with the interdisciplinary team.
Module/program-specific and specialty subjects additionally prepare for the profession and enable deepening of directional education in the field of knowledge, skills and nursing competencies.
Work and career
- Units of medical rescue systems
- Educational facilities
- Nursing and care establishments
- Palliative and Hospice Care Centers
- Therapeutic entities
- Primary care establishments
- Nursing and therapeutic plants
About the School
University of Economics and Innovation in Lublin (WSEI) was established on the strength of the permission of the Minister of Education and Sport of 24th October 2000. WSEI is registered in the registe ... Read More