Bachelor in Biomedical Science
The program includes following courses:
The course introduces students to the principles and procedures of various tests performed in Clinical Chemistry. It presents the biochemical and physiological basis fur tests, the principle and procedure fur the test, and the clinical significance of the test results, including quality control and normal values. It also includes t>basic chemical laboratory technique, chemical laboratory safety, electrolytes and acid-base balance, proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, enzymes, metabolites, endocrine function, and toxicology. Prerequisites: Senior standing
This course is designed to teach the basic tenants of immunology. It also undertakes all the important areas of contemporary immunological knowledge and simultaneously provides a historical view of the discoveries that have built the groundwork of modern immunological thought and mechanism of fighting disease. The two functional divisions of the immune system, the innate and the adaptive immune system, antigens, antibodies, and lymphocytes are studied, along with the cells and the soluble factors responsible for the immune response. The course will also describe principles of immunology applicable to concepts in clinical medicine; introduction to diagnosis and management of human immuno-pathological disorders.
Prerequisites: BIOL 345
LIU has, in the undergraduate studies, a large range of degree programs to choose from. The admission process is rather easy. All you need are the below documents.
- Certified copy of the BACC II Diploma or its equivalent.
- Holders of the Technical Baccalaureate Degree must provide an additional certified copy of the BT equivalency (issued from the Ministry of Higher Education in Lebanon).
- Certified copy of grades of the last 3 years of school.
- Four (4) recent passport-sized colored photographs.
- Two copies of the Identification card. (1st page of passport for non-Lebanese) إخراج قيد إفرادي
- Two recent copies of the family civil status record: إخراج قيد عائلي
- TOEFL (International IBT) score, if available, or must sit for the LIU English Placement Test.
- $30 non-refundable application fee.
- Transfer applicants must submit a certified university official transcript and a course description from the college or university attended (instead of the school grades).
- All applicants must submit their social security papers (DAMAN), if available, or must fill the appropriate papers at the social security office. (Non-Lebanese Students are exempted from the Social Security).
- If you are in need of financial assistance to attend the university, pick up an "Application Form for Financial Aid" from the Public Relations Office.