Health Sciences / Clinical Tech / Sleep Tech
- Have you ever stopped to help at an accident and felt completely unprepared?
- When a family member becomes seriously ill or injured, would you know what to do during those few minutes before 911 services arrive?
- Have you been thinking about a career in the health care field?
- Do you want to know if you have what it takes to be a nurse, physician’s assistant, or medical doctor?
The Health Science courses at SJCC can address all these questions.
San Jose City College / San Jose City College
HSCI 010 Pre-Hospital Emergency Care
The SJCC Emergency Medical Technician Program is a semester-long program designed to train individuals in the concepts of Basic Life Support emergency care. Upon successful completion of the program, the student will be eligible to take the National Registry EMT-B written exam for certification.
- A student must possess a valid American Heart Association CPR card for the Healthcare Professional
*Note - Red Cross CPR card will not be accepted
- Must be 18 years old by the start of class
- HSCI 001 or equivalent knowledge in anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- Read 3
|July 15, 2020||
Fall 2020 Semester
Start Date: August 31, 2020
|November 15, 2020||
Spring 2021 Semester
Start Date: January 25, 2021
*We may continue to accept applications after the stated deadline on a case-by-case basis. Students in Partner English Language Programs may also apply after the deadline.
Tuition and Fees
Affordable Education Without Sacrificing Quality!
Completing a degree or beginning your university studies at San Jose City College is the most cost-effective way to obtain a quality education in the United States. Students take required courses similar to those offered at the university for the first two years but at a much lower cost.
The excellent value of a San Jose City College education without sacrificing quality makes studying here the best decision.
International students are responsible for paying the tuition and fees directly to the college. International students are required to take a minimum of 12 units each semester.
Expenses for One Academic Year:
|Tuition & Other Fees||$8,138|
|Estimated Books & Supplies||$600|
|Mandatory Health Insurance||$1,428|
|Estimated Living Expenses||$9,900|
|Estimated Other Personal Expenses||$2,072|
|Total Estimated Cost||$22,138|
The estimates above reflect expenses for the academic year 2020-2021 for a student taking 12-units per semester. Expenses are revised annually and are subject to legislative change without notice.
About the School
At San Jose City College we believe that each and every one of our students has a unique gift. We believe if you work hard and dedicate yourself to your goals, our talented faculty and staff can help ... Read More